All

Top 8 Foods That Are More Rich in Calcium Than Milk

Even a child knows that calcium is responsible for the health of our teeth, bones and connective tissue. Alas, this element isn’t produced by the body itself, so we need to get it from the outside.

But what to do if you aren’t “friendly” with milk and cheese? Look for healthy alternatives! Here’s a list of 8 foods that have plenty of calcium.

What Functions Calcium Performs in the Body

Scientists have calculated that normally there is about 20 g of calcium per kg of human weight, and 98% of this amount is contained in the bone and joint tissues. Everyone knows this, but what does the remaining 2% of calcium in soft tissues, blood, intercellular fluid do?

The functions of this trace element are fantastic, and some of them are as unexpected as results at https://cryptocasinos-ca.ca/casinos/bob-casino/:

  • Provides strength to bones, including teeth, and cartilage.
  • Regulates the force of heart contractions, their rhythm.
  • Normalizes blood pressure.
  • Provides strength of the walls of blood vessels.
  • Participates in cholesterol metabolism, helps to eliminate “bad” cholesterol from the body.
  • Supports the normal functioning of the nervous system.
  • Participates in the formation of hormones of the thyroid gland and other endocrine organs.
  • Participates in the process of hematopoiesis and blood clotting.
  • Helps strengthen cell membranes.
  • Reduces the activity of allergens entering the body.
  • Provides good skin, nails and hair.
  • Participates in the formation of cellular immunity, the formation of antibodies.

These are just the main functions of calcium. It’s also a part of many enzymes involved in metabolism.

Salmon and Sardines

Fish is an excellent supplier of calcium to our body. For example, 100 grams of salmon or sardines contains about 350 milligrams of calcium. The daily rate for humans, for a second, is considered 1000 milligrams. Besides, salmon has a lot of vitamin D, which helps the body assimilate this calcium.

Seeds

Sesame seeds contain a mineral that is essential for the growth and development of bones, preventing them from becoming brittle. Besides calcium, the seeds contain iron and protein. The useful product is added to baked goods, salads, porridges. It can also be used to make halva.

Legumes and Beans

Beans are a source of fiber, zinc, potassium, and calcium. Beans, peas, and lentils are present in many diets. They are a complete source of vegetable protein, indispensable for the normal functioning of muscles and joints.

Green Vegetables

Spinach, lettuce, parsley, and kale are also high in calcium. Eating a bowl of these vegetables at lunch or dinner, you saturate yourself with almost half the daily norm of the element of health and beauty.

Citrus

A glass of orange or grapefruit juice contains more calcium than one glass of milk. Don’t overdo it, though, because these fruits are high in sugar. One or two glasses a week should be enough.

Figs

It turns out that this sweet fruit, which is allowed even for diabetics, is also incredibly rich in calcium. Scientists have found that four figs a day will give us as much as a quarter of our daily calcium intake.

Nuts and Dried Fruits

Dried fruits and nuts are good for snacking and complementing various dishes. Almonds are not only a source of calcium, but also other elements. They contain healthy fats, magnesium, vitamins and fiber.

Hazelnuts are good for heart and brain function, but are quite caloric. Do not consume large amounts of nuts for those who are on a doctor-prescribed diet and suffer from obesity.

Cereals and Pasta

Garnishes made from cereals are a source of energy, healthy elements and vitamins. Preference should be given to cereals that must be boiled rather than simply poured over with hot water. Instant cereals are heat-treated. They quickly satisfy hunger, but they are low in nutrients.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close
Back to top button